Our Migration to a Reactive Front-End is now LIVE!
We're thrilled to announce a major milestone in Commonwealth’s product journey. This month, our engineering team completed a major codebase upgrade with a successful migration to a reactive front end. This migration brings forth changes that will make the user experience smoother and faster. Here are the improvements you can expect:
- Lightning-Fast Performance: With the completion of our reactive frontend migration, we've witnessed a significant boost in site speed. Pages are significantly more responsive, offering a seamless browsing experience. We want to empower our users to explore and engage effortlessly within their communities on Commonwealth.
- Unwavering Reliability: Thanks to the codebase upgrade to a modernized infrastructure, bugs are minimized and less frequent. We are constantly shipping product feature upgrades that will allow us to continue delivering a consistent and reliable experience for our users.
- Agile Feature Deployment: Our React migration has unlocked new levels of agility for our development team, allowing us to swiftly turn product feedback and ideas into reality! Exciting features and updates will be shipped faster than ever before. Stay tuned for a wave of enhancements that will take your user experience to the next level.
Introducing Common Changelog
As part of our commitment to transparency and keeping our users informed, we're thrilled to introduce the Common Changelog. The Common Changelog will serve as your go-to source for real-time insights into our development process from our engineering team.
Common Changelog will be hosted in Common Protocol. Each week will be an individual thread that is updated daily with shipped fixes and improvements. Stay in the loop as we bring your feedback to life by building, iterating, and squashing bugs!
We are continuing to modernize Commonwealth’s site functionality by using industry standards and best-in-class tools. Thus far, our migration to a reactive frontend has allowed us to push forward recent improvements including major bug fixes, cleaner pages, 25% faster loading for cosmos discussion pages, and improved caching for blockchain data (faster proposal loading).
As we continue to improve Commonwealth, our current product focuses include:
- Frontend caching, optimistic rendering, reactive stores & patterns
- Better library/code splitting, image compression, optimizing data architecture
- Expect better responsiveness, and an overall better experience as we continue to improve our patterns
- Improved test coverage for fewer bugs
- Wallet & login flow revamp
We're excited to embark on this new chapter with you, as we continue to innovate, evolve, and shape the Commonwealth product. Thank you for being part of our journey!